Sunday, November 9, 2008

Tobago Cays and Union Island - Phil's View

In the Tobago cays we swam in a turtle zone. Dad had told me that he almost rode a turtle when he was a kid. So I was determined that I was going to ride one today. I got in the water and saw a turtle. I swam over him and grabbed on to his back. I rode for at lest 50 yards. I was so excited I went to the beach to tell Dad all about it. We then went to see Dad try to ride a turtle. We found a huge turtle about 3 to 4 feet across, but the turtle was smart. He let Dad hold on to him rather than tow him around. So I dove down and pet him while Dad was holding him. Mom watched us as we did this, she was laughing so hard that water was leaking into her mask. By the time we left I had rode about 10 turtles.


Tobago Cays at Sunrise

Iguana crawling out as the sun comes up


The Captain searching for Iguanas


Happy Island Bar -Union Island


Union Island Market


Clifton Town Center